الاثنين، يونيو 04، 2012

Cocky Maliki

Maliki sure seems confident he will survive a no-confidence vote. Rumor has it he has ordered criminal investigation of the 170+ MPs who have signed against him. What do you think? Will he survive to fight another day? Talibani's Patriotic Union of Kurdistan is edging toward supporting Maliki in his endeavors.

In other news, Sadr is back in Iran.

هناك 19 تعليقًا:

   Lee C.  ―  U.S.A.    يقول...

 

Bridget يقول...

What I think is, somebody ought to show Maliki the videos of Qaddafi being sodomized. Right before his loyal subjects snuffed him. Sheesh. What does it take for ME leaders to get it?

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

*sigh*

I was going to write a longer comment, but my software person called and she likes to chat.

Anyway, here's my link for today regarding cliffs and the US economy.

I'll be back to comment on your post, Zeyad, just wanted to give someone else a chance to be first. :)

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Okaaaay, just one more. Apparently Al-Qaida's ranks have thinned a little.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Zeyad,

I hesitated a little to comment on your post because it really is an internal Iraqi political matter that I don't have the expertise to judge. You would know better.

All I can say is that if Maliki has ordered a criminal investigation against 170 people over a no confidence vote it is counterproductive to the functioning of a democracy. If Iraqis truly want a democratic form of government they need to practice it. They all need to practice it.

Having free elections periodically really works as a safety valve for those who wish to express their discontent in a constructive manner. Better than throwing people off of roofs, you know? That can get really, really messy.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Since it's quiet in here today, I think I'll just plump up the comments a little. Lee's blank one doesn't count.

Bridget,

Never saw that video, and don't think I really want to.

   Lee C.  ―  U.S.A.    يقول...

 
      "Lee's blank one doesn't count."

It irritates Petes.  Counts a little.

Petes يقول...

Ha ha. Tragically hilarious. It would count more if you put some of yer entertainin' inanities in it. Not too much, mind -- I scroll by anythin' you post that's more'n a paragraph long, on account of it bein' likely to be yer unsolicited political drivel. But of the ones in the entertainin' category recently, there was one about me bein' superior. I wouldn't like to make so general a claim for myself -- only in relation to any topic you've ever argued with me about. On those, yes, I am indeed incomparably superior in intellect to yer good self. It's just a fact of life though. I make no boast about it, as evidenced by my unwavering offer to educate y'all on those subjects.

Then there was another about Colonel Colt, or somesuch, who made all men equal. Sorry to have ta disappoint y'all, but unless he is a guru of maths and comparative religion et al., and has some additional leverage to stop y'all bein' so obstinately ignorant, he ain't ever gonna do anythin' to level the playin' field. I reckon if y'all blowed my brains out, I'd still know more than y'all about the subjects at hand.

Petes يقول...

Marcus - didn't have time to catch up on the last thread, but I noticed the implication that I took you to task about your comments about Sweden and immigration. Not true. I said you sounded like your own erstwhile troll on the subject, and it's true -- you do. Racism always starts with unwarranted generalisations based on ethnicity. If every murderer or rapist in Malmo was Afghan, or Iraqi, or Irish, it would not warrant the generalisation that Afghans, Iraqis, or Irish, were
murderers and rapists.

Petes يقول...

By the way, the reason I've bein' missin' for a while is twofold. Firstly, we had our referendum on whether the country would live on gruel or burned toast for the next three decades, otherwise known as the Fiscal Compact Treaty Referendum. It split exactly as I predicted 60-40 in favour of ratifying the treaty. In celebration I went off to a five star hotel for a while, to contemplate our impending financial armageddon.

Secondly, I have maths and physics exams coming up, and need to study if I am to ease Lee C's burden in relation to those subjects. I think he might feel better if he knew that his infinitely superior antagonist had some official qualifications.

Marcus يقول...

Hey Pete. I would have expected you to be a participant in the discusson in the previous thread, welcomed it even. So please take this as an invitation. I intend to keep that discussion to that thread only and will not be bringing the same matters up here in new threads.

Take your time, read it through, give me your opinion(s) - and I'll answer back. Read it from the start though to gain a perspective. I can say that I got a bit agitated during some of my postings but when I read it back I stand by it. I would be dishonest if I didn't.

   Lee C.  ―  U.S.A.    يقول...

 
See, Lynnette.  Told ya it irritated Petes

Petes يقول...

LOL. Have it y'all's own way. I'm sure y'all will get over y'all's recent embarrassment one day :-)

Petes يقول...

Just by the by, many recent Recaptchas on the comments seem to be photos of house numbers. I hope it's not part of some Orwellian plot to have unwitting netizens contribute to a geocoded database to be used for nefarious purposes :)

Petes يقول...

Apparently it's a Google thing. I didn't realise they bought Recaptcha three years back, and have started using it to identfy house numbers photographed from the camera-equipped cars they use to create their "street view". Google is getting a bit too Big Brother-ish for my liking.

(Another home owner was injured in the making of this comment :)

Bridget يقول...

Firefox is now my default browser, and Bing my new search engine of choice. Search results seem to be as good as Google, but not so creepy. I will assiduously avoid any blandishments they send my way to set up any sort of account with them.

Can anybody recommend a kludgy old free email site that doesn't follow you around and get in your business?

   Lee C.  ―  U.S.A.    يقول...

 
Hotmail now works with POP3 e-mail client programs.

Zeyad يقول...

Bridget, Yahoo Mail works fine for me.

Petes يقول...

Yahoo for POP mail is my favourite.