الاثنين، فبراير 27، 2012

Artists use graffiti to tell story of Egypt's revolution

هناك 16 تعليقًا:

Freddie Starr يقول...

Freddie Starr ate my hamster!

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Zeyad! You've been redecorating again (in the comments section), since I was here last. Hmmm...where was the skip feature when John was around?

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

I'm encouraged that the art hasn't been removed yet. Maybe there is still hope for Egypt.

Talented artists, btw.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

From previous thread:

Petes said...
Lynnette, I don't think you can blame Iraqis for not working together because of the actions of a few crazies.


When I noticed a vehicle with busted out windows parked on a street that I drive everyday to work, I called the police. They removed it the same day. When Iraqis call their police, what type of response do they get? And does that reponse solve the problem? That is the type of working together that I mean.

Actually, scratch that, after seeing your political shenanigans I'm not wholly convinced about the vast majority of Americans. regarding working together

Believe me, Pete, I have a load of criticism for our political leaders, who are elected by...the vast majority of Americans.

I just watched a moving documentary about Iraqi Christian refugees -- Chaldean and Syriac Catholics and Syriac and Armenian Orthodox.

I have a huge amount of sympathy for those people who are displaced and trying to forge a new life in another country. Especially in this economic downturn. Hopefully our recovery will maintain pace and more people will be brought back to work.

The Bakken varies from several thousand to more than 10,000 feet deep, but is generally only 150 feet thick.

Perhaps being only 150 thick allows for other deposits below the shallower areas. I am just repeating what I was told by someone who is working out there. Although I was watching a little bit of Bloomberg last night on cable, and they too mentioned the possibility of North America being the new Middle East in terms of oil production. Are they all wrong? Don't know. But if there is oil to be "mined", people are going to try for it.

I'll print out the article you left and read it when I have more time. Thank you.

sss يقول...

"Perhaps being only 150 thick allows for other deposits below the shallower areas. I am just repeating what I was told by someone who is working out there. Although I was watching a little bit of Bloomberg last night on cable, and they too mentioned the possibility of North America being the new Middle East in terms of oil production. Are they all wrong? Don't know. But if there is oil to be "mined", people are going to try for it."

No, you could well be right. I'm only going by what I read too (plus my extensive geological expertise, consisting of one month's study last year :-)

I was assuming that there was going to be only one oil-bearing stratum in the Bakken, but of course the oil reservoir is in the source rocks, not migrated into a different porous reservoir rock (which is normal for conventional oil). And there are multiple oil-bearing strata, according to this article I found:

http://www.bakkenresourcesinc.com/geology.php

Although I notice that it mentions "kerogen". You have to be careful about the difference between "shale oil" and "oil shale". The latter is an oil precursor that must be cooked (at great expense) to produce usable oil. The former is oil that results from Mother Nature's generous provision of the required thermal treatment. The Bakken is referred to as "thermally mature". The "Laramide Orogeny" mentioned in the article is responsible for this. That's geologist-speak for the mountain building era that followed much later (250 million years later) than the laying down of the Bakken sediments themselves. The Laramide Orogeny raised the Rockies and the Black Hills of Dakota, deforming the Carboniferous and Devonian sediments -- both lifting them into the mountain ranges and burying them in the basins. The lifted ones eroded and the buried ones cooked. 80 million years later ... they are discovered in the nick of time ;-)

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

I read the blog post you left last time, and a few of the comments. I can understand why you were so skeptical. I would have been too if I had read that. I think a lot of the people working there were at first as well. But at the moment it is really a lifeline for a lot of people who were looking for work. The guy I was talking to used to be in the construction industry(family business), but after the economic crash he and his dad retrained and are doing quite well in ND. I think the trick is to save as much as you can while things are good, just in case.

I was just reading the other day that the Keystone pipeline isn't really dead. They are going ahead with the portion in the United States. It is the portion that crosses the border that is still up in the air. They are looking at adjusting the placement at the moment. The sticking point is our State Department, apparently. :(

Got a lot of snow here last night. Really the first significant snow all winter.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Appropriate "nom de plume" for our discussion, btw. ;)

   Lee C.  ―  U.S.A.    يقول...

      " It is the portion that crosses the border that is
      still up in the air.
"

News to me, I thought they'd gotten that portion pretty well cleared, although it's not yet officially approved.  That's not the hangup so far as I can tell.  They're still finalizing the middle portion of the route to avoid the SandHills of Nebraska.  That's the big hangup.  Or, so says Jay Carney, Obama's White House spokesman.se wi

   Lee C.  ―  U.S.A.    يقول...

Post Script:

Carney was making further statements on Keystone at today'spress briefing.  Looking forward to resubmission of the Canada/Nebraska part.  It's hardly dead.

Petes يقول...

[Lynnette]: "Appropriate "nom de plume" for our discussion, btw. ;)"

Didn't know what you were talking about until I went back and looked. No idea how that happened. Although with the format changes to the comments here, a poor technophobe like me gets lost easily ;-)
Speaking of which ... did you notice that "Fake Freddie"s name on the previous thread linked to www.petes.com ... and it wasn't me!

[Lynnette]: "Got a lot of snow here last night. Really the first significant snow all winter."

Was meaning to ask you about the cannibalism stats for Minnesota this year ;-)

Over here there has been no winter to speak of. The snowdrops are well past already and even the daffodils are looking tired. Apple and cherry blossom are in full bloom and leaves are starting to break out on all the trees.
I saw a sprinkling of snow on the Dublin foothills once all winter, but nothing whatever by the coast. The car was frosted up once.

Ironically, central Europe has been having an even harsher winter than last year -- temperatures below -30C and many feet of snow. That continental/Siberian influence has oozed its way westward over the British Isles a couple of times, so they've had a big snow or two in London, but the Atlantic influence has kept it well east of Ireland. We've had lots of temps in the mid teens Centigrade, which is not far off a decent summer's day for us.

It seems for the last few years that our conditions tend to go in step with the eastern half of the US, at least in terms of whether the winter is colder or milder than normal. I've no idea why, but I see theories about blocking jet stream conditions and the Arctic oscilllation.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Lee,

The State Department information was included in this article.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

They're still finalizing the middle portion of the route to avoid the SandHills of Nebraska. That's the big hangup.

Yes, the person I was talking to who is working in ND also mentioned that they were trying to adjust to route for the pipeline.

Sorry, I didn't mean to spam, I forgot to mention that.

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

PeteS,

Was meaning to ask you about the cannibalism stats for Minnesota this year ;-)

Pretty low this season. It's been pretty warm, so the foraging has been good...:)

Lynnette In Minnesota يقول...

Lee,

From your Politico link Obama appears to be saying the right things regarding easing the pipeline development. We'll see.

غير معرف يقول...

We have all heard the term OBD II but plenty of us will not be positive exactly what it is actually and also the way the OBD II scanners function. OBD is brief of On-Board Diagnostics. These on board diagnostic systems are discovered on most autos currently. These systems had been initially installed within the late seventy?ˉs ps2 diagnostic tool early 80??s as a strategy to control engine functions and diagnose engine issues when they occurred. The concept was the OBD systems could also assist pollution and enable with smog control.

cheapwindows8key.net يقول...

Ms must decelerate, and also display individuals exactly how Home windows eight functions windows 7 home basic key. Display customers nevertheless upon Or windows 7 or even Windows vista exactly how Home windows eight may increase their processing encounter.