Updates and videos here on Facebook (links in Arabic)
On Twitter #Iraq, #iq4c and #Feb25
On Youtube here and here
Updates from the Voices of Iraq news agency:
- The final count of casualties resulting from Friday’s demonstrations in Mosul city is five deaths and 15 wounded, according to a local security source in Ninewa.
- Thirty-nine policemen were wounded in protests in Basra on Friday as security officials announced a curfew in the southern Iraq province until 06:00 a.m. Saturday, a police source said.
- Sixteen demonstrators in Falluja were wounded in random shooting by security forces after they stormed a government compound in the city
- An official in the Thi-Qar Provincial Council on Friday accused “Baathists” of enraging the protesters, noting security forces arrested three of the dissolved party who were among the demonstrators.
- Hundreds of citizens in Kut staged on Friday a massive demonstration in front of the local council, calling for better services and hold corrupt officials accountable. “The gathering, most of them are young men, raised banners accusing officials of stealing oil revenues and criticizing bad services in the province,” Fadel Aanied, a protestor, told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.
- Five protestors were wounded in clashes with security forces after an attempt to storm the local council in Soliman Bek district, northeast of Salah al-Din, a source from the operations command said on Friday.
- Protestors on Friday stormed the Ninewa provincial council, while others raised Iraqi flags on its roof.
UPDATE: Konfused Kid has a new blog post
Updated Iraqi blogs here
Video of demonstrators knocking down concrete blocks on the bridge leading from Tahrir square to the Green Zone