الجمعة، أكتوبر 17، 2003

First post

This is my first post. A bit about myself; My name is Zeyad. I'm 24, male. I live in Baghdad, Iraq. Also lived in the UK prior to the first Gulf war. I work as a dentist.

Unfortunately, there haven't been enough Iraqis running weblogs lately. There are only five of them as far as I know. I took it upon myself to start a weblog and introduce other Iraqis to this new (to us at least) and exciting world. Internet use in Iraq is very low, compared to other countries in the region. But it is growing daily. And more and more Iraqis will be able to post what they think about whatever is happening in their country and the rest of the world. Their voice will be heard at last, now that they have nothing to fear from doing so.

I point out Salam Pax, Riverbend, Gee, and Ishtar as my inspiration in doing this. I also wish to thank Jeff Jarvis for his very much appreciated help and advice.

Now on to blogging!

Below are a couple of posts that I have prepared the last few days. I also have to mention that I may not be able to post on a daily basis. I can't use my PC at home to get online due to damage in the tellecommunication infrastructure of my neighbourhood, so I have to use Internet cafes to post. Mainly I will be posting every two days or so depending on the circumstances and my available free time. Thats about all.